Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Great Day

So I woke up yesterday about 6am after only getting maybe 2hrs of sleep. That was one of three low points that happened throughout the day. After taking care of my personal hygiene and all it entails. I spent two hrs cleaning the house, getting as much done as I could before taking my friend Matthew to a job interview he had for a child day care center. After dropping him off at the day care, I went back home so I could get gas money to put into the van. Gas prices are getting out of hand these days, but without it the places I could get to would be very limited.

I got the gas, and was on my way to pick Matthew back up when all of the sudden the vehicle in front of me slammed on his brakes. Luckily I am not the kind of driver who follows to closely. He on the other had been exactly that kind of person. As it turned out the car in front of him slammed on his brakes to avoid hitting this dumb ass kid on a bicycle. By the time the car in front of me slammed on his brakes it was to late for him to avoid rear ending the car if front of him. I had just enough time to apply my brakes and avoid hitting him. Well, since I was so close to the accident of course I hopped out and offered my assistance to the drivers of the vehicles in front of me. What kind of person would I be otherwise?

It took the police about 30min to arrive, and all the while Matthew was waiting for me to pick him up so I was getting really annoyed. Having witnessed the accident I knew the police would want a statement from me. I gave them the information as quickly and accurately as I could. Once I was done, I quickly hopped in my van and drove off to pick Matthew up. I knew he was already waiting for me, as he had called the house just after I got back from getting gas. This was the second low point of the day for me.

I finally arrived at the day care Matthew was at and he was already standing outside waiting on me. Luckily for me he didn’t look too pissed, at least not at me. He was pissed however about the fact that he missed out on the job because he lacked 3 measly credit hours in child development or some such. By the time I picked him up it was almost noon. So we decided to make a run for the border, had to have some Tacos. After we finished ordering our food from Taco Bell, we started heading to pick up his deviant little brother aka John from school. Got there about 12:45pm and found out how bad he had been in school. On the field trip they went on He was provoking the other students and hit one of the girls that was on the bus with him. Yet he doesn’t think what he did was wrong, he never does. That’s why I call him a little deviant, and he usually gets away with it.

After picking him up we went to go look at some bicycles this guy was selling but along the way we got a little sidetracked and stopped in at a business our friend Holly owns called The CakeBox it’s a little bakery, with excellent food. At which point John managed to convince Holly to give him a free cookie and a small soda. It was nice of her but I should have said NO, He can’t have a cookie he hasn’t earned it, he was bad in school today and hit a girl, which is something that you never do. We spent some time talking with Holly and her business partner Tia. Tia and Matt were talking about prices on spaying a dog. Matt has a 9mo old female Boston Terrier called Lilo after Lilo and Stitch. His parents want him to get it spayed. After they finished the conversation, but before we left Matthew asked me if I wouldn’t mind running him across the street to yet another child day care center where he managed to talk to a lady a get information about the job and how to apply.

Once he was finished talking to the lady, we finally managed to get to the place we were originally going. The place we stopped at was actually someone’s house and they had various antique bikes displayed out front as well as a vintage dirtbike. We were expecting to meet with an old man and were surprised to see a young boy about 12yrs old. It turned out he was the one who actually fixed and sold the bikes. He had a very sharp mind for a 12yr old and was very knowledgeable about bicycles. We spent maybe an hour going over various bikes and bike parts. Afterwards, we finally headed home, because we were supposed to go out boating on the river with our friend Dustin.

Dustin is Matthew’s neighbor and he owns a business doing home remodeling, he was the one who was going to be taking us out on his boat. He also owns 4 Dirtbikes, occasionally he stores one of his buddies 4-wheelers in his garage. Before we headed down to the river, we had to swing by the country club he belonged to because he misplaced the keys to his RV. Unfortunately, we were unable to find them even though we looked as hard as we could.

Once we got down to the river it was like another world. We launched the boat from one of his friend’s house along the river. He let me back the trailer up into the water so he could just slip the boat off. Once on the river, we had a blast. Dustin even let Matthew and I pilot the boat. Word of advice, the faster you go with a boat the more control you’ll have with it on the water. After we both were able to pilot the boat, we went to one of Dustin Friends house on the river.

We sat on the boat and just talked and chilled. After about an hour of chatting, Bryce Dustin’s Friend asked me if I wanted to go tubing. What could I say but yes. I decided to face backwards because it’s easier, it was my first time. Next time though I want to try going face forward, Which is a lot harder and you will get thrown off quite a bit. That was a great time, being pulled at full speed flying this way and that anytime he turned the boat around. After I was done tubing, we loaded up the boat and stopped by Bryce’s house. While we had planned to just stay for a little while, we happened to get blocked in. So in the end we wound up staying out there till about 10:30pm maybe 11pm tops.

When we got back to Matt’s I was soo pissed off, because I had just cleaned the living room and John “The Deviant” O’Brien already had it trashed with papers, food, and toys. None of which his parents ever make him pick up so everything just get piled up, making it harder to clean. Really, I don’t know why I got soo pissed it was probably lack of sleep at this point. I was soo tired that I just decided to crash at Matt’s for the night.

2 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

Wow matthew must be nice. Do i know him??? Oh wait it me. LOL glade that you had fun

Stephen said...

Well compared to a normal day for me, yes I had fun. You know what a normal day consists of for me.

My life is boring.