Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What A Great Day!

Well the day got off to an intresting start. My mother came in and woke me up and told me that my buddy Dustin called. She had origionally thought that Dustin was asking for my dad who's first name is the same as mine. I was partially named after him, which I should really consider an insult since he is such a jerk. I won't bore you the details concerning that just now, since it would need it's own website to do it justice. Anyway as soon as she told me, I bolted upright, found his number and gave him a callback. Nobody answered the first time I called so I left a messege. Then I gave Matthew a call, again nobody answered. Apperently, he had been in the shower at the time and didn't hear the phone ring, as I found out later that day. After a little while I decided to give Dustin a call again this time I tried his cell phone, and once again I got no answer, so I left a messege on that.

Eventually, He returned my call, and told me that he and his friend Ryan and 1 other person would be going out boating. He wondered if I would like to join them. Before I could even think it, I was already saying "Yes, of course I would love to join you!" He asked if I could find away to get over there, so I quickly asked my mom if she could drop me off. She gladly did since she knows how much fun I have when I go out.

So she drops me off at Dustin's, and in the garage were three people. The first one I recognized to be Dustin. The secondperson I saw was Ryan, I knew him from dirtbiking. The third person who was a friend of Ryan's surprisingly turned out to be my cousin Jeremy. I usually only see him at family get togethers. I was glad and really surprised to see him. I guess it very well may be a small world after all, lol. They were already set to go, so after unloading my stuff and putting it in the back of Dustin's truck, we were on our way. We stopped at a gas station along the way, so Dustin could fill his boat up with gas and Ryan and Jeremy could get some Gatorade and a couple of Snickers Bars. I stayed in the truck, I didn't have any money and didn't want to be bumming money off of anyone. Besides, I had brought along a couple of Pepsi's which was plenty for me.

It didn't take long for us to get to the River, and once we got the boat unloaded, it was all fun and games afterwards. Dustin had brought his tubes with him, so we were able to go tubing. At first we just used one, which was fine by me cause I wanted to go forwards instead of backwards this time and let me tell you it was hard at first but the more you do it the better it gets, especially using the tube to jump the wake from the boat. After pulling one tube, we decided to switch to wake boarding, which is a lot harder.

I didn't go wake boarding but Dustin and my cousin Jeremy did. Ryan wasn't able to get his feet into the shoes that were on the board so he couldn't go. He tried his hardest to get his feet in, but they just wouldn't go. It was fun watching them wake board. My cousin tried repeatedly to get enough air to clear one side of the wake to the other and went down hard each time. Dustin on the other hand didn't ride too hard as he is still nursing a back injury from dirtbiking, but he still did a couple small jumps. Once when Ryan was turning the boat and had hit the throttle too much and Dustin dove head first into the water. He hit it hard, after riding a little bit more he decided to call it quits. Once we had him back on we returned to shore to fetch the second tube Dustin had brought with him.

Now since I had rode the tube back to shore, getting whipped about behind the boat. Ryan and Jeremy got to go on the tubes first. With two tubes being pulled behind the boat it looked fun, they would try and kick each other off the tubes by making the tubes flip. My cousin knocked Ryan off three times. Well, after that Ryan said his arms were hurting from pulling himself out of the water soo much. But if you ask me three times isn't that many. Now when Jeremy and I were being pulled behind the boat it was a blast. I would usually get a lot of height from my jumps and one time as I was jumping so was Jeremy, I jumped higher than him so he just knocked me right off. On another run, I had managed to get knocked onto Jeremy's tube while he was swing hard about, then I rolled to the side and managed to hold on long enough to right the tube since it and I had landed on Jeremy's tube on our backs. It was so funny and cool too. I wish I had a picture or video of it. Next time I go out I'll have to borrow one. After that we deceided to call it quits for the day. It didn't take that long to get back, well it took longer than going out there, but there were a lot of semi's and construction.

Once we were back at Dustin's I noticed Matt's Van in his driveway so I went over there. I just had to tell him about the exciting events that happened. I told him I was sorry he couldn't come. I mean if he would have answered the phone he would have found out Dustin was going boating and he could have gone too. Unfortunately things didn't work out that way, and I didn't know he was still home once I got to Dustin's. I thought he and his family went to go visit John. His mom and dad were actually on there way out to visit John when I had gotten back from boating. I was thirsty and hungry from my hours spent tubing and boating so I asked Matt if he had something to drink, I had hoped he still had some Cherry Coke Zero left, He didn't but he did what any best friend/practically brother would do and suggested we go get dinner somewhere as it was about 4pm.

We went to the Gyro Shack which is close enough to his house you could easily walk to it, but we still decided to drive there. We ordered something to eat and went back to Matt's where we ate out in his back yard, while poor poor Lilo was begging for food. Matt gave her a couple french fries, while I reminded him that it was bad to feed a dog table scraps as it can be unhealthy for the dog, and would cause her to beg more and more, while at the same time causing her to lose intrest in her own dog food instead of people food, which dogs will always prefer. But with a bit persistance a dog will learn not to beg. After we finished eating we went in and relaxed for a while and got interupted by some teens selling magazine subscriptions. By the time we we got done dealing with those teenagers it turned out to be later than Matt had guessed. He was late for his Scouts meeting.

Well I tell ya he got ready quicker than two shakes and a jiggle. We hightailed it to their regular meeting place wher Matt ran inside while I ran to the nearest gas station and grabbed us a couple of 1liters which I quickly brought back. Once inside I got to meet the parents of the pack so to speak. I even got to meet Brent and Bethany Harty and their wonderful kids. I can see what a handful they can be, but don't they just bring soo much joy. While there I sat in on a parent meeting and volunteered to help out with their bike safety activity taking place on Saturday. After that I spent a little more time with Matt and headed back to his house where his dad gave me a ride home.

Once home, I pretty much took it easy and now I'm writing in my blog, so there you have it. I hoped you like reading about my day, was it long enough for you, haha!!!

6 comments:

Mr. Matt said...

finaly the comment thing is working. I tryed 3 times last night to leave a comment. But that Matt sould nice, do i know him? LOL clage you had fun.

Stephen said...

Yeah, I had fun! I just wish you could have joined us, cause if you did; I think Dustin would have had you pull him behind on the wake board instead of having Ryan do it.

a said...

sounds like a fun day! Boats are a lot of fun. We had one when I was little, but not when I was old enough to really enjoy it. But then, we lived right by the ocean, and just went and played in the waves. I miss Oregon :(

Stephen said...

I'm sorry you miss Oregon, it must have been really beautiful out there.

I don't get out of Illinios much but when I do I just love it. Especially if it's somewhere beautiful!

a said...

Oregon has it all. Mountains, desert, coast, forest, sand dunes (yeah, my dad has fun on those with the 3 wheelers), lakes, rivers, valleys, plains,....you name it, they have it.

Mr. Matt said...

ya bethany Organ is nice, but you have to tell me that illinois is fun too.